The purpose of the Umbrella system is to centrally monitor the Air Force’s main CINS (Communication, Information and Navigation Systems) by expanding the existing CINS surveillance and management systems to a common, Integrated System for Centralized Surveillance and Management (IS-CSM) of the Air Force’s CINS, including the transmission network, the terminal multiplexing and communication equipment, and the Airborne CIS / Air Corridor ASCs to address the following main tasks:
- Automated processing and transfer of information to assess the situation and discover technical problems in the CINS of Air Forces;
- Automated and objectively visualize the current situation for CINS of Air Force;
- Preparation of graphics and text documents;
- Automate document process control related to CINS planning and management through a subsystem to serve documentary streams;
- Automating the control and administration activities of the observed systems.
The upgrading and development of the CINS control subsystems to an integrated Umbrella system for centralized monitoring and management of the main CINS providing the VHF/UHF radio communication and communication infrastructure of the Air Force consists of building of a common IP / VPN (virtual private network) based network that integrates the individual control and management systems into a single system allowing centralized objective control of the status of the main CINS of the Air Force, archiving and statistics processing on information about these conditions.